UK Busincess Visa

Strategic planning is the process of documenting and establishing a direction of your small business by assessing both where you are and where you're going. The strategic plan gives you a place to record your mission, vision, and values, as well as your long-term goals and the action plans you'll use to reach them

icon png

Self-sponsorship license:

Stage 1 – Establish a UK company or overseas company opening a UK establishment. Stage 2 – Apply for sponsor licence. Stage 3– Create and provide your UK company with a Human Resources pack. Step 4: Appointing an Authorising Officer Step 5: Getting your Sponsor Licence Step 6: Assigning a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) to a skilled worker Step 7: Applying for a Skilled Worker Visa.

Who would qualify?
  • Self-Sponsorship is open to anyone who satisfies all of the following:
  • 1. Has experience or skills or qualification(s) within the area of the business they want to establish
  • 2. Has a business idea or has identified a pre-existing UK business to takeover.
  • 3. Has adequate resources to support their proposed business in the UK.
  •  Please note, there is no minimum or maximum investment required for your business venture. It depends on your business need and may range from £25,000 or more.
  • 4. Ideally, has a person who is settled in the UK or a British citizen to take on the responsibilities of the Authorising Officer, and
  • 5. Has the ability to sit and pass an approved English language test at Level B1*
  • § Please note, this is a basic level of the English language requirement.
  • Main question is can you assign a certificate of sponsorship to yourself? as a level 1 authorizing officer and level 1 user?.
Self-sponsorship license Requirements:
  • 1.Need to have an appropriate and genuine plan for the business, you want to open up in the UK.

    2.Appropriate investment even though there is no such limit however, it has to be decent investment.

    3.Sponsor yourself to run that business.

Self-sponsorship license Requirements: a brief example:
    • 1. There is no minimum or maximum requirement of investment to open up a company in the UK.
    • 2. You need to have a business plan.
    • 3. For example, if you want to open up an IT company, where you probably do not need a physical premises, then you may need to show up 20 to 30k as you may not need a physically premises.
    • 4. If however, you want to open a restaurant or hotel, then you will need more than 40k or more.
    • 5. Thus, this means depends on your business plan and the volume of the business, you will need to satisfy the ECO that you have a genuine and legit business.
    • 6. you also need an active and trading company in order to apply for a sponsorship license.
    • 7. You need to have fulfil all the requirements for sponsorship licensing which are explained in next slides.
How old the company supposed to be before you apply for licence?
    • 1.There is no such requirement also, you can open a new company with a suitable business plan and the very next month you can apply for licence and as soon as you register with the HMRC.

      2.We can also help you out with our associated partners such as accountants or other professionals to setup a business plan and register the company.

      3.Once the company is registered and starts trading, we can apply for the sponsorship licence.

      4.Once your company gets the licence, as a director or manager, apply for skilled worker visa by self-sponsoring yourself.

Skilled-worker Visa Requirements:
      • Your job
      • You must meet all of the following requirements to be eligible for a Skilled Worker visa:
      • your job is eligible for this visa
      • you’ll be working for a UK employer that’s been approved by the Home Office
      • you’ll be paid at least the minimum salary for the type of work you’ll be doing
      • The minimum salary for the type of work you’ll be doing is whichever is the highest out of the following 3 options:
      • £26,200 per year
      • £10.75 per hour
      • the ‘going rate’ for the type of work you’ll be doing
Salary requirements:
  • You’ll usually need to be paid at least £26,200 per year or £10.75 per hour, whichever is higher. If the ‘going rate’ for your job is higher than both of these, you’ll usually need to be paid at least the going rate.
  • Your salary is £27,000 per year, but the annual going rate for the job you’ll be doing is £30,000. You do not meet the usual salary requirements for this visa.
  • However, Each occupation code has its own annual going rate. 
Approved UK employers
  • You must have a job offer from an approved UK employer before you apply for a Skilled Worker visa. Approved employers are also known as sponsors, because they are sponsoring you to come to or stay in the UK.
  • View the list of approved UK employers.
  • If your employer is not currently approved, they can apply for a sponsor licenceif they’re eligible.
  • They’ll need to pay a fee – £536 for small businesses and charities or £1,476 for medium and large organisations. It usually takes around 8 weeks to process a licence application.
If you already have a job offer from an approved employer
  • Your employer – also known as your sponsor – will check that you meet the eligibility requirements. They’ll give you a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ to prove this.
  • The certificate of sponsorship is an electronic record, not a physical document. It will have a reference number, which you’ll need for your visa application.
  • You must apply for your visa within 3 months of getting your certificate of sponsorship.
Other documents you might need:
  • Depending on your circumstances, you might be asked to provide:
  • evidence that you have enough personal savings to support yourself in the UK, for example bank statements (unless your certificate of sponsorship shows your employer can support you)
  • proof of your relationship with your partner or childrenif they’re applying with you
  • your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a listed country
  • a criminal record certificate – if you’re working in certain jobs
  • valid ATAS certificateif your employer tells you that you need one because your job involves researching a sensitive subject at PhD level or higher
  • your UK PhD certificate, or your unique Ecctis reference number (formerly unique UK NARIC reference number) if your qualification is from outside the UK – you’ll need to apply through Ecctis
  • You’ll need a blank page in your passport for your visa if you’re:
  • from outside the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein
  • from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein but do not have a biometric passport with a chip in it
  • If your documents are not in English or Welsh you’ll also need to provide a certified translation.
Criminal record certificate:
  • You’ll need to provide a criminal record certificate if you’re applying from outside the UK and you work in:
  • education, for example teachers, education advisers and school inspectors, childminders, teaching assistants
  • healthcare, for example nurses, doctors, paramedics, managers, pharmacists, dentists and dental nurses, ophthalmic opticians
  • therapy, for example psychologists, speech and language therapists, counsellors
  • social services, for example social workers, managers, probation officers, welfare and housing officers.
  • If you’ve lived in more than one country
  • You might need to provide a certificate from each country you’ve lived in, depending on your age and how long you stayed in each country.
  • If you’re under 28, you’ll need a certificate from any country you’ve stayed in for a total of 12 months or more since you turned 18.
  • If you’re 28 or over, you’ll need a certificate from any country you’ve stayed in over the last 10 years.