Residence permit for Self Employed (Entrepreneur)

You need a residence permit if you are a non-EU/non-Swiss national and want to work for more than three months to launch, manage, or take a stake in a firm. If you are able to sustain yourself using the money from your business, abide by the rules, and have the necessary permissions, you may be awarded a permanent residence permit after you have held a residence permit for two years. Additionally, you must have spent more than six months a year living in Sweden.

Application Process

Apply online or in person from your country of residence with the required paperwork. after receiving and reviewing the application. Once an application is approved, a decision is made. The choice you made in your online application is forwarded together with the decision to the embassy or general consulate. Obtain a permission for a period of two years, but not longer than the duration of your passport's validity. being qualified to apply for permanent residency after two years of having the residence permit, if appropriate. NOTE: In some circumstances, you may be granted a permanent residence permit if you have submitted an application for asylum, have been granted a temporary residence visa, and can support yourself. Check out this website to learn more about it.


Upto 24 month(s)


60 Month(s)


24 Month(s)


Upto 40 week(s)

What are eligibility requirements for the Residence permit for Self Employed (Entrepreneur)?

  • You should have a valid passport
  • You must show that you have significant experience in your field and previous experience of running your own business
  • You must have documented relevant knowledge in Swedish and/or English
  • You must show that you are running the business, that you have the ultimate responsibility for it and that you own at least half of the business
  • You should show that the business’ services or goods are sold and/or produced in Sweden
  • You must show that you have sufficient funds to support you and, if applicable, your family during the first two years (equivalent to SEK 200,000 for you, SEK 100,000 for your spouse and SEK 50,000 for each accompanying child)
  • You must show reliable source documentation for your budget
  • You should show that you have established customer contacts and/or a network in Sweden
  • You must show that your company, following a 2-year probationary period, will have its finances in balance and you have the ability to support yourself and, your family included (if applicable)

Which documents do I need to apply for the Residence permit for Self Employed (Entrepreneur)?

  • Copies of the pages in your passport which show your personal information, photograph, signature, passport number, passport issuing country, the period of the passport’s validity, entry and exit stamps and whether you have permission to live in countries other than your country of origin
  • Bank statements which shows that you have sufficient funds to support you and your family during the first two years (equivalent to SEK 200,000 for you, SEK 100,000 for your spouse and SEK 50,000 for each accompanying child)
  • Bank statements which show, that you have sufficient funds to buy the business and to cover the estimated costs and investments necessary to run the business (if applicable)
  • Contract of sale if you have bought or intend to buy the business or enterprise
  • Partnership agreement or stock register
  • Bank document showing your part in the purchase
  • Contracts with customers/suppliers and for premises
  • Annual accounts/reports for the previous two years (if the business has been in operation earlier)
  • Balance sheet and income statement (report) for the current financial year, up to and including the previous month
  • Course certificate or other evidence that you speak Swedish and/or English
  • Certificates to substantiate your educational background
  • Certificates from previous employers (if applicable)
  • Certificate of registration for companies you own or have own outside of Sweden

Finding or establishing company

  • We will help you lease or buy the desired premises where you can run your business. This can be from us finding a restaurant, cafe or hotel that you wish to pursue or commercial premises for your employees or premises for you to store or produce your products.

    Or we can help you obtain a franchise agreement from a established Swedish / European company.

    • Review of your business idea and your case.
     Establishment of your business plan
     Establishment or review of contract/franchise agreement with third parties
     Registration of your case with the Swedish Immigration Board.
     Registration of your business in Sweden.


  • Establish a professional business plan that is the foundation of your business and can convince Swedish migration to create your business idea as a freelancer in Sweden. Once your business plan is complete, we will help you prepare and submit your self-employed case to the Swedish Migration Board.

    Once your business idea is approved by the Swedish Migration Board, you will get a two-year residence permit in Sweden. You and your family will receive your residence cards which you can pick up at the Swedish embassy in your country or in the country where you live.

Business support

  • We know that your entire future and that of your family depends on your investment and therefore we will support you even when you have received a residence permit in Sweden and start to stabilize your business.

    Therefore, we will offer you a customized marketing approach that suits you and your business so that you can be counted among the leaders in your business category from the very beginning.